How to Apply
I. Request Information
II. Submit Application Package
Please submit complete Application Package by email, mail or in person for evaluation. Items 1-5 must be submitted before we can evaluate your application.
1. Completed, signed and dated Student Application Form by parent and student
2. Completed, signed and dated Letter of Recommendation by a school official
3. Application fee (non-refundable) of CAD $200.00. For Wire Payments, please complete the Wire Transfer Reference Sheet attached with this document.
4. Photocopy of Translated School Transcripts from the current year (if applicable) and the last two years
5. Photocopy of student’s passport or birth certificate, for proof of name in English, and date of birth
6. Two Custodianship Declaration documents for students under 18 years of age:
· photocopy of notarized Parents form (to be prepared in home country)
· photocopy of notarized Custodian form (to be prepared in Toronto or Markham)
7. Proof of custodian’s status in Canada (one photocopy of the following documents: Canadian Citizenship card / Passport / Birth Certificate or Canadian Permanent Resident Card)
Note: Students at or over 18 years of age before the start of the school term must have a Toronto / Markham contact person while studying in Goldenlink Academy but do not require custodianship declaration.
The following documents can be sent by email or mail with the above items. Or, you can bring them in person to the Admissions Office in Goldenlink Academy during the reporting process:
8. Two documents showing proof of address in the City of Toronto / Markham for parent/guardian/custodian of elementary students
- a photocopy of the current rental lease or property tax bill
- a photocopy of the most recent utility bills (Hydro, Water, Gas or Cable) or home telephone bill or bank statement
Note: Elementary students must live with their custodian or parent, during their time of study at the Goldenlink Academy; If Goldenlink Academy provides the custodianship service, all custodianship related documents will be prepared by the school.
III. Notification of Acceptance and Payment of Tuition Fee
9. Notice of Conditional Offer of Acceptance will be sent out to the student, custodian or agent by email or phone one or two weeks after receipt of the application package. Tuition fee is now due.
10. Tuition fee is to be made payable to the Goldenlink Academy by certified cheque or bank draft (personal cheque will not be accepted). It can be paid in person or by mail with a cover letter. For wire transfer, visit Payment Method page. Failure to pay the tuition fee before the deadline may cause cancellation of the confirmed school placement.
11. Official Letter of Acceptance and Receipt to be issued upon receipt of tuition fee. Receipt can be picked up in person, or sent by email to the student, custodian or agent to apply for a study permit to Canada.
IV. Application for Study Permit
12. Official Letter of Acceptance from Goldenlink Academy and all other documents required for approval are to be submitted to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate
V. Reporting and Registration (Arrival in Canada)
14. Please plan to arrive in Toronto two to three weeks before classes begin. The Assessment Test for grades 9-12, and Orientation Sessions for all new students are scheduled for the last two weeks of August or January depending on your start date. Late arrivals may result in disruption of school and course selection
15. Report to the International Programs and Admissions Office during the month of August or January with the following documents:
- Study Permit (original and valid)
- Immunization Record *
- Most recent transcript or school report card (original and translated copy)
- Completed Newcomer Profile Form
- Any missing documents listed in the Official Letter of Acceptance Package
* All international students will be required to submit immunization records from their home country. Please note that they do not have to be translated.
16. Upon reporting, the following are to be provided to the student:
- Registration Package (elementary and secondary)
- Health Insurance Package
- Date for Orientation Session (elementary and secondary)
- Appointment for Assessment in English and Math (Grades 9-12)